Monday, March 8, 2010

Finally, some pics from Beni

Sharing some photos from my first month in Beni. Takes years to upload photos here, so I'm only posting a few...



The view on the way from the airport in Butembo to my new home in Beni on my first day in Congo.



Trying to get the neighborhood kids to warm up to me.



My new Swahili teacher and her grandmother.



Construction at UCBC



New shoes for some local kids.



Shoes!



Painfully cute kids.



The view from our front door of the Rwuenzori mountains.



So many stories I will never know.



So many stories yet to learn.



Again... ridiculously cute.



Note the t-shirt.



Hair styling on the corner.



My ride to and from school and around town everyday. The infamous moto drivers...



The road to my house.



Razor wire against a setting sun. Lovely



Another bathroom casualty.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Anne. Love the old lady in the blue sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful. love these views.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Clem on that one. All pics look great, but old faces seem to say so much by doing so little.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow. stunning photographs! post some more when you get a chance! hope you are having a wonderful time and looking forward to hearing more about it. - Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful photos anne! Would love to see more.
    -Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing shots, Anne -- I wish I were there with you!

    ReplyDelete